Abbreviations and Acronyms:AIS (adenocarcinoma in situ), CI (confidence interval), CT (computed tomography), GGO (ground-glass opacity), IAC (invasive lung adenocarcinoma), MIA (minimally invasive adenocarcinoma), OS (overall survival), RFS (recurrence-free survival), SPLC (secondary primary lung cancer)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Randomized trial of lobectomy versus limited resection for T1 N0 non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer Study Group.Ann Thorac Surg. 1995; 60 (discussion 622-3): 615-622
- Surgery for pre- and minimally invasive lung adenocarcinoma.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 163: 456-464
- Precise diagnosis of intraoperative frozen section is an effective method to guide resection strategy for peripheral small-sized lung adenocarcinoma.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 307-313
- Long-term prognosis of patients with resected adenocarcinoma in situ and minimally invasive adenocarcinoma of the lung.J Thorac Oncol. 2021; 16: 1312-1320
- Distinct prognostic factors in patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancer with radiologic part-solid or solid lesions.J Thorac Oncol. 2019; 14: 2133-2142
- The 2015 World Health Organization Classification of lung tumors: impact of genetic, clinical and radiologic advances since the 2004 classification.J Thorac Oncol. 2015; 10: 1243-1260
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society International Multidisciplinary classification of lung adenocarcinoma.J Thorac Oncol. 2011; 6: 244-285
- Imaging features suggestive of multiple primary lung adenocarcinomas.Ann Surg Oncol. 2020; 27: 2061-2070
- Computed tomography density is not associated with pathological tumor invasion for pure ground-glass nodules.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 162: 451-459.e3
- Correlation between histological invasiveness and the computed tomography value in pure ground-glass nodules.Surg Today. 2016; 46: 593-598
- Lung adenocarcinoma invasiveness risk in pure ground-glass opacity lung nodules smaller than 2 cm.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 67: 321-328
- Lung adenocarcinoma manifesting as pure ground-glass nodules: correlating CT size, volume, density, and roundness with histopathologic invasion and size.J Thorac Oncol. 2017; 12: 1288-1298
- A non-randomized confirmatory trial of segmentectomy for clinical T1N0 lung cancer with dominant ground glass opacity based on thin-section computed tomography (JCOG1211).Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 65: 267-272
- Radiographically determined noninvasive adenocarcinoma of the lung: survival outcomes of Japan Clinical Oncology Group 0201.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 146: 24-30
- The IASLC lung cancer staging project: proposals for coding T categories for subsolid nodules and assessment of tumor size in part-solid tumors in the forthcoming eighth edition of the TNM classification of lung cancer.J Thorac Oncol. 2016; 11: 1204-1223
- Does the histologic predominance of pathological stage IA lung adenocarcinoma influence the extent of resection?.Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 65: 512-518
- Lung adenocarcinoma staging using the 2011 IASLC/ATS/ERS classification: a pooled analysis of adenocarcinoma in situ and minimally invasive adenocarcinoma.Clin Lung Cancer. 2016; 17: e57-e64
- Impact of proposed IASLC/ATS/ERS classification of lung adenocarcinoma: prognostic subgroups and implications for further revision of staging based on analysis of 514 stage I cases.Mod Pathol. 2011; 24: 653-664
- Prognostic significance of adenocarcinoma in situ, minimally invasive adenocarcinoma, and nonmucinous lepidic predominant invasive adenocarcinoma of the lung in patients with stage I disease.Am J Surg Pathol. 2014; 38: 448-460
- Should minimally invasive lung adenocarcinoma be transferred from stage IA1 to stage 0 in future updates of the TNM staging system?.J Thorac Dis. 2018; 10: 6247-6253
- Long-term outcomes of 50 cases of limited-resection trial for pulmonary ground-glass opacity nodules.J Thorac Oncol. 2012; 7: 1563-1566
- A phase III randomized trial of lobectomy versus limited resection for small-sized peripheral non-small cell lung cancer (JCOG0802/WJOG4607L).Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010; 40: 271-274
- A prospective radiological study of thin-section computed tomography to predict pathological noninvasiveness in peripheral clinical IA lung cancer (Japan Clinical Oncology Group 0201).J Thorac Oncol. 2011; 6: 751-756
- Special treatment issues in non-small cell lung cancer: diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2013; 143: e369S-e399S
- Risk stratification for second primary lung cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 2893-2899
- Results of low-dose computed tomography as a regular health examination among Chinese hospital employees.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 160: 824-831
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (81930073, 81972171, 82102914), Shanghai Technology Innovation Action Project (20JC1417200), Shanghai Rising-Star Program (21QC1400600), and Shanghai Anticancer Association EYAS PROJECT (SACA-CY21B07).
This study was conducted in accordance with the amended Declaration of Helsinki and was approved by the Ethics Committee and Institutional Review Boards of Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center (IRB2008223-9, Date: July 14, 2020), and all patients were exempt from informed consent because of the minimal risks of the study.
Drs Li and Deng contributed equally to this work. Drs Chen, Zhang, and Li contributed equally as co-senior authors.