Abbreviations and Acronyms:CT (computed tomography), IQR (interquartile range), ROC (receiver operating characteristic), UCSD (University of California, San Diego)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Key statistics for lung cancer, volume 5.https://www.cancer.org/cancer/lung-cancer.htmlDate: 2017Date accessed: August 15, 2021
- Lung carcinoma in African Americans.Nat Clin Pract Oncol. 2007; 4: 118-129
- Cancer statistics for Hispanics, 2003.CA Cancer J Clin. 2003; 53: 208-226
- Racial and ethnic differences in beliefs about lung cancer care.Chest. 2012; 142: 1251-1258
- Prejudice, clinical uncertainty and stereotyping as sources of health disparities.J Health Econ. 2003; 22: 89-116
- The effect of race on invasive staging and surgery in non-small-cell lung cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 413-418
- Mean household income in the United States by county, 2019 version.https://data.census.gov/cedsci/table?q=ZCTA5%2092122%20Income%20and%20Poverty&g=0100000US&tid=ACSST5Y2019.S1902Date accessed: August 15, 2021
- Area Deprivation Index Calculator. 2015.https://www.neighborhoodatlas.medicine.wisc.eduDate accessed: August 20, 2021
- The Eighth Edition AJCC Cancer Staging Manual: continuing to build a bridge from a population-based to a more “personalized” approach to cancer staging.CA Cancer J Clin. 2017; 67: 93-99
- Agents classified by the IARC monographs, volumes 1-129, 2021.https://monographs.iarc.who.int/agents-classified-by-the-iarc/Date accessed: August 15, 2021
- 2020 US census data.https://www.census.gov/data.htmlDate accessed: August 20, 2021
- Neighborhood socioeconomic status is associated with differences in operative management and long-term survival after coronary artery bypass grafting.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. August 19, 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Impact of race on treatment and survival among U.S. veterans with early-stage lung cancer.J Thorac Oncol. 2016; 11: 1672-1681
- Who is caring for the underserved? A comparison of primary care physicians and nonphysician clinicians in California and Washington.Am Fam Med. 2003; 1: 97-104
- Covered California: the impact of provider and health plan market power on premiums.J Health Polit Pol Law. 2015; 40: 1179-1202
- Mass media interventions for smoking cessation in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 11: CD004704
- Specialist to non-specialist teleconsultations in chronic respiratory disease management: a systematic review.J Glob Health. 2021; 11: 04019
- Association of racial/ethnic and gender concordance between patients and physicians with patient experience ratings.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3: e2024583
- Undoing racism and mitigating bias among healthcare professionals: lessons learned during a systematic review.J Racial Ethnic Health Dispar. Available online September 3, 2021; (https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-021-01137-x)
- The question of racial bias in thoracic surgery: appearances and realities.Ann Thorac Surg. 2001; 72: 6-8
- Changes in perceptions of discrimination in health care in California, 2003 to 2017.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2: e196665
- Tools to improve referrals from primary care to specialty care.Am J Manag Care. 2019; 25: e237-e242
- Facts & figures 2021. American Cancer Society. Atlanta, Ga. 2021.https://www.cancer.org/cancer/lung-cancer/about/key-statistics.html#referencesDate accessed: September 14, 2021
Funding: NIH R01HL119543, NIH R01HL132225 to P.A.T.
M.O. and P.A.T. are Western Thoracic Surgical Association Members.