Abbreviations and Acronyms:CI (confidence interval), HR (hazard ratio), IQR (interquartile range)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Aortic and mitral valve replacement with reconstruction of the intervalvular fibrous body.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1997; 114: 766-767
- The “UFO” procedure.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2019; 8: 691-698
- How to do it: the Commando operation for reconstruction of the fibrous skeleton with double valve replacement.Heart Surg Forum. 2016; 19: E308-E310
- Long-term outcomes of surgery for invasive valvular endocarditis involving the aortomitral fibrosa.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 108: 1314-1323
- Essen-Commando: how we do it.J Card Surg. 2021; 36: 286-289
- Reconstruction of the mitral annulus.Circulation. 1987; 76: III102-III107
- Assessment of valvular disorders in survivors of Hodgkin's lymphoma treated by mediastinal radiotherapy ± chemotherapy.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 117: 691-696
- Transcatheter mitral valve replacement in native mitral valve disease with severe mitral annular calcification: results from the first multicenter global registry.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016; 9: 1361-1371
- Prospective study of TMVR using balloon-expandable aortic transcatheter valves in MAC: MITRAL trial 1-year outcomes.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 14: 830-845
- Concomitant mitral annular calcification and severe aortic stenosis: prevalence, characteristics and outcome following transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 1194-1203
- Impact of mitral annular calcium on outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 2233-2240
- Anatomic classification of mitral annular calcification for surgical and transcatheter mitral valve replacement.J Card Surg. 2021; 36: 2410-2418
- Fibrous skeleton of the heart: anatomic overview and evaluation of pathologic conditions with CT and MR imaging.Radiographics. 2017; 37: 1330-1351
- Outcomes of double valve surgery for active infective endocarditis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009; 138: 69-75
- Five-year outcomes following complex reconstructive surgery for infective endocarditis involving the intervalvular fibrous body.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2020; 58: 1080-1087
- 25 years' experience with redo operations in cardiac surgery. Third-time sternotomy procedures.Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. December 24, 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Reoperative cardiac surgery is a risk factor for long-term mortality.Ann Thorac Surg. 2020; 110: 1235-1242
- Surgical factors and complications affecting hospital outcome in redo mitral surgery: insights from a multicentre experience.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 49: 127-133
- Contemporary outcomes in reoperative mitral valve surgery.Heart. 2018; 104: 652-656
- Reoperative mitral surgery versus transcatheter mitral valve replacement: a systematic review.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10: e019854
- Patient-prosthesis mismatch following aortic valve replacement.Heart. 2019; 105: s28-s33
- The impact of patient-prosthesis mismatch on late outcomes after mitral valve replacement.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007; 133: 1464-1473
This project was supported by a donation from Leo and Marisa Crispino to the Cardiovascular Research Fund of Toronto General Hospital.
The editorial review of this paper was handled by Associate Editor Pavan Atluri, MD.