Abbreviations and Acronyms:AR (aortic regurgitation), AS (aortic stenosis), AV (aortic valve), AVD (aortic valve dysfunction), AVR (aortic valve replacement), CI (confidence interval), MV (mitral valve), OR (odds ratio)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Global, regional, and national burden of rheumatic heart disease, 1990-2015.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 713-722
- Echocardiographic evaluation of patients with acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic carditis.Circulation. 1996; 94: 73-82
- Clinical characteristics and cardiac outcome of acute rheumatic fever in Italy in the last 15 years.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009; 27: 366-372
- Characteristics, complications, and gaps in evidence-based interventions in rheumatic heart disease: the Global Rheumatic Heart Disease Registry (the REMEDY study).Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 1115-1122a
- Valvular heart disease | management | guideline | executive summary.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2438-2488
- Clinical outcomes in 1731 patients undergoing mitral valve surgery for rheumatic valve disease.Heart. 2018; 104: 841-848
- Early surgery versus conventional treatment in asymptomatic very severe aortic stenosis.Circulation. 2010; 121: 1502-1509
- Early surgery or conservative care for asymptomatic aortic stenosis.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 111-119
- Noninvasive estimation of valve area in patients with aortic stenosis by Doppler ultrasound and two-dimensional echocardiography.Circulation. 1985; 72: 810-818
- Guidelines for performing a comprehensive transthoracic echocardiographic examination in adults: recommendations from the American Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2019; 32: 1-64
- Valvular aspects of rheumatic heart disease.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1335-1346
- The natural history of aortic valve disease after mitral valve surgery.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 2003-2008
- Fate of mild aortic valve disease after mitral valve intervention.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001; 122: 583-586
Institutional Review Board approval number: Institutional Review Board of Asan Medical Center (No. 2020-0875), May 7, 2021.