Abbreviations and Acronyms:AV (atrioventricular), CABG (coronary artery bypass grafting), CT (computed tomography), CTSN (Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network), EROA (effective regurgitant orifice area), HF (heart failure), LV (left ventricle), LVEDD (left ventricular end-diastolic diameter), LVEDV (left ventricular end-diastolic volume), LVESV (left ventricular end-systolic volume), MR (mitral regurgitation), MV (mitral valve), SMR (secondary mitral regurgitation), SL (septal-lateral), TEE (transesophageal echocardiography), TTE (transthoracic echocardiography)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Causes and mechanisms of isolated mitral regurgitation in the community: clinical context and outcome.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 2194-2202
- Epicardial cardiac basal annuloplasty: preliminary findings on extra-cardiac mitral valve repair.Heart Lung Circ. 2009; 18: 401-406
- Mitral valve repair: what the ACORN trial taught us.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2010; 12: 116-121
- Outcomes of the RESTOR-MV trial (randomized evaluation of a surgical treatment for off-pump repair of the mitral valve).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 56: 1984-1993
- Novel epicardial off-pump device for mitral regurgitation: acute evaluation.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010; 37: 1291-1296
- Acute feasibility study of a novel device for the treatment of mitral regurgitation in a normal canine model.Innovations. 2010; 5: 28-32
- Two-year outcomes of surgical treatment of severe ischemic mitral regurgitation.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 344-353
- Two-year outcomes of surgical treatment of moderate ischemic mitral regurgitation.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1932-1941
- Predicting recurrent mitral regurgitation after mitral valve repair for severe ischemic mitral regurgitation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015; 149: 752-761.e1
- Impact of left ventricular to mitral valve ring mismatch on recurrent ischemic mitral regurgitation after ring annuloplasty.Circulation. 2016; 134: 1247-1256
- Transcatheter mitral-valve repair in patients with heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2307-2318
- Percutaneous repair or medical treatment for secondary mitral regurgitation.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2297-2306
- Proportionate and disproportionate functional mitral regurgitation: a new conceptual framework that reconciles the results of the MITRA-FR and COAPT trials.J Am Coll Cardiol Imaging. 2019; 12: 353-362
- Contrasting effects of pharmacological, procedural and surgical interventions on proportionate and disproportionate functional mitral regurgitation in chronic heart failure.Circulation. 2019; 140: 779-789
- Echocardiographic outcomes after transcatheter leaflet approximation in patients with secondary mitral regurgitation: the COAPT trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 2969-2979
Supported by Mitre Medical Corp .