Abbreviations and Acronyms:AUC (area under the curve), BCPC (bidirectional cavopulmonary connection), CI (confidence interval), CMR (cardiac magnetic resonance), CVP (central venous pressure), EFF (early Fontan failure), ICU (intensive care unit), IVC (inferior vena cava), OR (odds ratio), PA (pulmonary artery), PVR (pulmonary vascular resistance), Qp (pulmonary blood flow), ROC (receiver operating characteristic), SPC (systemic to pulmonary collaterals), SVC (superior vena cava), TCPC (total cavopulmonary connection)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Rescue cardiac transplantation for early failure of the Fontan-type circulation in children.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005; 129: 416-422
- Hemodynamic determinants of mortality after Fontan operation.Am Heart J. 2017; 189: 9-18
- Pre-operative grade of decompressing systemic venous collaterals, but not jugular venous pressure, predicts short- and medium-term outcome after completion of the total cavopulmonary connection.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 12: 1109-1111
- Management of early Fontan failure: a single-institution experience.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014; 46: 458-464
- Rapid flow assessment of congenital heart disease with high-spatiotemporal-resolution gated spiral phase-contrast MR imaging.Radiology. 2011; 260: 79-87
- Systemic to pulmonary collateral blood flow influences early outcomes following the total cavopulmonary connection.Heart. 2012; 98: 934-940
- Use of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging for TAVR assessment in patients with bioprosthetic aortic valves: comparison with computed tomography.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: 3912-3917
- Lessons from inter-stage cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in predicting survival for patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Cardiol Young. 2011; 21: 646-653
- A prospective audit of safety issues associated with general anesthesia for pediatric cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.Paediatr Anaesth. 2012; 22: 1087-1093
- Classification accuracy and cut point selection.Stat Med. 2012; 31: 2676-2686
- Cardiac magnetic resonance parameters predict transplantation-free survival in patients with Fontan circulation.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 7: 502-509
- Baffle fenestration with subsequent transcatheter closure. Modification of the Fontan operation for patients at increased risk.Circulation. 1990; 82: 1681-1689
- Outcome after the single-stage, nonfenestrated Fontan procedure.Circulation. 1997; 96: II335-II340
- Is it necessary to routinely fenestrate an extracardiac Fontan?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 34: 539-544
- Fenestration improves clinical outcome of the Fontan procedure: a prospective, randomized study.Circulation. 2002; 105: 207-212
This research was supported by the NIHR Great Ormond Street Hospital Biomedical Research Centre. The views expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the NHS, the NIHR, or the Department of Health. UK Research Ethics Committee Approval Number: (06/Q0508/124).