Abbreviations and Acronyms:CI (confidence interval), CT (computed tomography), EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor), EML4-ALK (echinoderm microtubule-associated protein-like 4 and anaplastic lymphoma kinase), NSCLC (non–small cell lung cancer), PLOS (prolonged length of stay), RRM1 (ribonucleoside-diphosphate reductase large subunit), TKI (tyrosine kinase inhibitor)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Non-small cell lung cancer.in: DeVita V.T. Lawrence T.S. Rosenberg S.A. DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles and Practices of Oncology. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia2008: 896-945
- Personalized therapy for non-small cell lung cancer: which drug for which patient?.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 23: 281-290
- Anaplastic lymphoma kinase inhibition in non-small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1693-1703
- DNA repair by ERCC1 in non-small-cell lung cancer and cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 983-991
- Molecular testing guideline for selection of lung cancer patients for EGFR and ALK tyrosine kinase inhibitors: guideline from the College of American Pathologists, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, and Association for Molecular Pathology.J Thorac Oncol. 2013; 8: 823-859
- Tissue sampling in lung cancer: a review in light of the MERIT experience.Lung Cancer. 2011; 74: 1-6
- Quantitative analysis of tumor in bronchial biopsy specimens.J Thorac Oncol. 2010; 5: 448-452
- Adequacy and complications of computed tomography-guided core needle biopsy on non-small cell lung cancers for epidermal growth factor receptor mutations demonstration: 18-gauge or 20-gauge biopsy needle.Lung Cancer. 2010; 67: 166-169
- The role of surgical lung biopsy in the management of interstitial lung disease: experience from a single institution in the UK.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2013; 17: 253-257
- Outcomes and safety of surgical lung biopsy for interstitial lung disease.Chest. 2005; 127: 1600-1605
- Predictors of prolonged length of stay after lobectomy for lung cancer: a Society of Thoracic Surgeons General Thoracic Surgery Database risk-adjustment model.Ann Thorac Surg. 2008; 85: 1857-1865
- Health care utilization among surgically treated Medicare beneficiaries with lung cancer.Ann Thorac Surg. 2009; 88: 1749-1756
- Epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor-resistant disease.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 1070-1080
- Does enrollment in cancer trials improve survival?.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 216: 774-780
- Effect of crizotinib on overall survival in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer harbouring ALK gene rearrangement: a retrospective analysis.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 1004-1012
- Gefitinib or chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer with mutated EGFR.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 2380-2388
- Non-small cell lung cancer, version 2.2013.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2013; 11: 645-653
Disclosures: Dr Goodwin reports equity ownership in Pronai Therapeutics and Champions Oncology. Dr Lara reports consulting fees from Pfizer, Aveo, Teva, Janssin, Medivation, Exelixis, Genentech, and Astellas. Dr Gandara reports consulting fees from Amgen, AstraZeneca, Boehringer-Ingelheim, BMS/ImClone, Celgene, GlaxoSmithKline, Genentech, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Sanofi-Aventis, Synta, and Response Genetics and research funding from Abbott, BMS/ImClone, Genentech,Lilly, Merck, Novartis, and Pfizer. All other authors have nothing to disclose with regard to commercial support.